1. That I learn as much from my students as I teach them.
2. That persistence pays off. Eventually.
3. That gray hair is really OK after all.
4. That Atlanta is the best possible place for me to be.
5. That losing ten pounds isn’t really that hard. And it makes a big difference.
6. That my children never stop amazing and impressing me with their intelligence, talent, and humanity.
7. That new friends are just as wonderful as old friends- they just have less history.
8. That old dogs really can learn new tricks.
9. That great photography can still take my breath away.
10. That just when I thought I couldn’t love my wife Andrea any more- I do.